Eat Your Way to Great, Glowing Skin.
Follow these 8 hints for Fabulous, healthy, glowing skin
1. MUNCH ON MIXED NUTS Brazil nuts are rich in selenium, which increases skin elasticity and may decrease skin cancer, according to recent studies. Throw in walnuts, which are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids to lower inflammation and prevent breakouts. Adding some macadamias that are full of high quality oils and fatty acids will help aid the skin to repair and rejuvenate.
2. DROP DAIRY FROM YOUR DIET Dairy products—even those that are organic—contain cow hormones that stimulate your oil glands and your pores, leading to acne. Beware of hidden dairy in foods like salad dressing, protein bars, and shakes. And if you have to go there, stick to skimmed milk. The hormones are concentrated in the fat, so it's your best option
3. GIVE YOUR SKIN RESERVATOL. Resveratrol, a powerful antioxidant and polyphenol found in red grape skins, has been found to prevent the lines, wrinkles, and sagging caused by environmental skin saboteurs like smog and second-hand smoke. It's an even more powerful antioxidant than vitamin C, and studies show it creates mild-to-moderate skin tightening for a firmer look
4. SNACK ON WATERMELON Adding a lycopene-rich food, such as this juicy pink treat, helps reduce damage and redness caused from sun exposure, prevents future wrinkling and possibly even lowers skin cancer risk. Aim for one cup each day by tossing it in salads, salsas, and smoothies.
5. DRINK AN EXTRA GLASS OF WATER Water helps clear the toxins that cause inflammation and blemishes. It also assists in transporting nutrients and oxygen to skin cells, and preventing dehydration, which can cause premature aging. It can even make skin appear fuller since the hyaluronic acid that naturally exists in skin will pull in and hold the water for a wrinkle-plumping effect, Recommended is at least at least 8 glasses of water each day, more if you're active or live in a warm climate. To add a little flavour, try a skin-soothing tea like chamomile or mint.
6. PUT DOWN THE FRENCH FRIES Research shows that a diet high in fats and carbohydrates causes more wrinkles. Creamy cheeses and red meats are actually known as aging fats because of what they do to our skin. To keep your cells
7. EAT YOUR BROCCOLI Just a half cup of raw broccoli is loaded with 65 percent of your daily value of vitamin C. Research shows that vitamin C-rich foods not only mop up the free radicals that cause wrinkles and sagging, but can help remove the DNA damage they form.
8. WHIP UP A BERRY TASTY TREAT FOR YOUR SKIN Raspberries are loaded with ellagic acid, an antioxidant that research shows can prevent wrinkles when applied to the skin. It protects the collagen that keeps skin plump and beautiful from being worn down by the sun. Add in honey, a natural humectant that holds water against the skin for maximum moisture, and you've got a recipe for gorgeous, dewey skin. Mash up a handful of raspberries with a spoonful of honey, and apply the mask to clean skin for 15-20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
Write a comment...